Monday, July 16, 2012

Who Am I?


While I stood in front of a mirror,
The figure that I beheld, asked me then,
"What is it that you see in here?"
To which I responded,
"I see the one,
Who is confident of her desires,
Who knows how to distinguish,
Between an inferno and a fire."

I'm the one,
Whom I see in there,
A nobody in a lump of nothingness,
Or a force prevailing everywhere.

I can be everything that you want,
I can be anything that will haunt,
I make love to the one I love,
Fierce as an eagle, and mild as a dove,
I’m the whiteness of Peace and Solitude,
I’m the redness of Love and Fortitude,
I'm the vibrancy of every possible hue.
 
In me, you’d find darkness, savage and black,
A bunch of evilness with some goodness that I lack.


I might be a girl, a fun loving female,
A devoted Hindu, whose piety will never fail,
Call me a wheat-skinned, a Hindustani or an Asian,
I’m simply a passionate, patriotic Indian.

I’m different, I’m unique, and I’m non-pareil,
I’m all that you don’t expect,
Hiding underneath a veil,
I’m like a bright day and a night that would appall,
A hater of none, but a lover to all,
I’m a void that is complete in its whole,
A child, a lover, a human and a soul.

No comments: