Monday, July 16, 2012

'tis maddening Love..!




We fight,
And I’m so sick of this fighting,
Hair tearing, screaming and crying,
You hang up; I get weary of calling,
On your cell phone,
Again and again and yet again,
Followed by those long,
Sleepless nights.

You’d never patch up,
I crawl back to you, drenched in sobs,
But this time, it had its extremes,
When the tears were choked,
And couldn’t flow like,
The undeterred Ganges,
I knew I couldn’t just yell at you,
It would’ve taken a lot of courage,
This time you hung up,
And switched it off,
My heart skipped a beat,
My reason battled, to choose between,
What could’ve been and what should’ve been,
done then.

I knew, that my love for you,
Was at its strongest,
Why did you doubt it then?
Failing to understand any of these,
I chose to go through the trial,
To reaffirm,that I was yours,
And that nobody else could,
Ever conquer me,
So I caught hold of a blade,
And chose the most tender of all parts,
And there I started carving out your name,
Tender and soft, very near to my heart.

Never did I imagine,
myself to be, a masochist,
But there was I,
already becoming one,
My hands, they trembled,
As I tried to make gashes,
On my own bare bosom,
With every cut I cried out your name,
And so did the red hot drops,
That ran down my skin,
It all went numb, and I felt nothing,
With my eyes tightly shut,
I beheld nothing but your face,
With my hands only quickening,
To execute, what I had never thought before,
And then, there was pain,
Excruciating, piercing, hurting,
Finally, I opened my eyes,
To look down at the trails of gore,
But why then, did I want it even more?
I found something ecstatic about it,
Your crimsoned name in blood,
Shone clearly against my pale skin,
And the wounds could only cry out,
“Beware! beware!
For 'tis love, ‘tis love insane,
at its maddening end.”

No comments: